- Matlab (R2006b or newer, only R2022a tested)
- Instrument Control Toolbox
Quick Start Guide
- Connect the Outlet and power on the instrument.
- Connect the USB cable from the instrument to your PC.
- Verify that the serial port has been detected correctly.
Under Windows: Open the “hardware manager” via the search option.
Note: There is no need to install custom USB drivers, the default windows driver is sufficient.
- Open Matlab -> Apps (register card) -> Instrument Control (Test & Measurement Tool)
- Expand the Serial menu -> Select the serial port the instrumented to (here COM3) -> Press Connect (refer to figure 1). If there are no COM-ports listed or connecting throws an error, try Scan on the Serial page.
- Leave all the dropdown menus unchanged.
- Refer to the pdf at the bottom of this page for a list of all available commands and enter a command in the Data to write field.
- If the command is a query (those with a “?” on the end) press either Query or Write followed by Read to get back an answer. If you only wish to set a parameter with the command, just press Write.
- Afterwards, you can Export the received data to your Matlab workspace by pressing Export. The tool also automatically generates a transcript of all your send commands which can be viewed and exported under Session Log.